Tuesday, November 21, 2006

thanks in the second degree

Tuesdays and Thursdays I watch my nephew for my sister. She's supposed to be giving me some spending money for this service, but hasn't yet. Oh well. I like to do it, it's not too big of a deal.

My nephew is hilarious. He's smart as hell and has a lot of personality for a 17 month old child. He sings and dances, loves Sesame Street and the Golden Girls (hey, I'm doing my part!) and is generally lovable. Until my sister comes home, then he wants nothing to do with me. Or if my mom is around. Not so happy with me then, either. But when it's just me and him, I get unsolicited kisses and hugs and "laaar-y, I laaaa yooooo"s.

I'm thankful that my family is close both physically and emotionall (though they could be just a few blocks away). I'm so happy to be part of Liam's life, and such a big part, too. I wish I could have that relationship with my neice and nephew from Kev's side, but ah well. They live in the fabled land of New Jersey, and my relationship with those guys is special in a different way. Love love love the kids in my life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun? I adore my pseudo-nephew who is 2 1/2. He's talking like crazy now and the first time he said "auntie sam" I thought I was going to fall over from the sheer cuteness of it. I was ready to give him all my money. Really. This age is a blast (unless there are tantrums, which there are and then I want him to go away).

Kids a great thing to be thankful for!! Glad you're surrounded by some great ones.