Saturday, November 18, 2006

Sweet Freedom

Warning- all those who dislike photos of quasi-anonymous bloggers' feet, leave this post right now.

Okay, so I never really told you all about my cast coming off on Tuesday. I am FREE!! Before...


After... (both the cast removal and a much-needed but very uncomfortable pedi)


And the sad-looking thing I left at the doctor's office...


I don't know why I thought I should take home the ridiculous rainbow shoe, but I did. Hott. I'm wearing it out next weekend, shit yeah.

I know it complained a lot about being in a cast- it's itchy, uncomfortable to sleep (I'm a stomach sleeper, yeah, yeah, I know, bad) and not the best fashion accessory. But even worse to my self esteem is the new, hobbling for no outwardly apparent reason Art Nerd. I don't like it. It's nice because people no longer express misguided sympathy for me (That looks like it hurts. Yeah, jackass? The grimacing tip you off?) but I also don't like sticking out for my hobbling gait. And have I mentioned that the school I'm teaching at this semester has a fashion department? Yeah, Uggs out the wazoo, tons of leggings and skinny jeans, and here comes fatass Art Nerd in her waddly duck shoes.

Wah wah wah, I know, I know. I have a lot to be thankful for, and I am going to feature some of those things on my bloggity this week. Hope everyone's weekends are rocking hardcore!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'm very happy for you. Our university has a fashion school, too. It sucks, as do "skinny jeans." Trying to start an anorexia epidemic, anyone?