Friday, July 28, 2006

DA DA DA-DA-DA, DA-DA-DA DA-DA-DA!!

Click here to watch the trailer for Rocky Balboa

Many thanks to dooce.com for making me aware of this trailer.

Now, I am no movie critic. I'm not really into movies, like, at all. Unless they're art-nerdy- I think the last movie I saw in the theater might have been Pollock, either that or the Wilco docu thingy I Am Trying To Break Your Heart. I'm not big on boxing either. And Sylvester Stallone doesn't do much for me.

Movies in general don't tend to capture my attention the way TV shows and books do. There are rare occasions, and it's pretty funny that both these movies came out before I was born. (I think) Mommie Dearest ranks right up there, too, and I like comedies. But only two movies get me excited, chills and all-- one is Jaws, a movie that scared me and yet intrigued me from the time I was about 5.

The other is Rocky. Naturally, Rocky I is the best. As often happens with franchises, they get hokier and hokier as they move on. And this latest installment has the potential to really really suck.

But y'all, he came back to Philadelphia. He ran under the El in Fishtown/Kensington, (Not south philly like most people seem to think, der) through the Italian market and up the steps of the PMA. He's old and in bad shape and he is trying for another comeback.

He's Rocky. Oh my god, I am so excited for this movie.

1 comment:

andrew m. said...

heh heh heh... oh, goodness gracious.