Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Booyah!

I feel pretty good about myself today. I got a lot done. I was able to write an outline for my thesis, woohoo! It's something I've been sitting on all summer. Could it be that I have performance anxiety? Because it's certainly not a lack of intereset in the project-- I'm still totally stoked about that. It must be performance anxiety. Or it's just plain laziness.

I get really crazy when I write. To back it up, I'm not a "writer", per se. I write papers for school, but it's not like I'm sitting here trying to churn out the great american novel. Just my thoughts on artists. Just needs to be coherent and somewhat original.

It might be that I have a hard time impressing my advisor. Other profs like what I do, to greater or lesser extents. But for he who shall remain nameless, I fear getting papers back from him. Always with the red ink swaths and nit-picking of my normally flawless grammar.

But it must be done. Now is the time to buckle down and get this sucker done! And I will. I am well on my way. I'm looking at my brand-spankin'-new outline right now. I have direction. And tomorrow, I begin the journey.

No comments: